Trigger Point Massage
This highly specialized and effective method of massage is ideal for canine athletes, but can improve the flexibility and range of motion of all dogs. Trigger points are small sections of very tightly contracted muscle tissue that often form as a result of muscle overuse, overexertion, and stress from sustained repetitive activities. Trigger point massage targets these very specific muscle sections, and are ideal for canine athletes because they can go from the table to the field with no downtime since only sections of the muscle are being worked. Trigger point massage resolves muscle dysfunction, thereby increasing range of motion which improves the dog’s gait kinematics and reduces risk of injury.
Traditional massage focuses on the entire body of the dog, and is ideal for puppies, seniors, and dogs who are anxious. There are many benefits to booking this type of massage, including:
- Promote blood and lymph circulation.
- Improve muscle tone, flexibility, and range of motion.
- Increase energy, concentration, and alertness.
- Reduce anxiety and stress, and promote relaxation and calm.
- Improve immune system function.
- Aid the healing process after surgery or injury.
- Build trust, sociability, and cooperative care skills.
- Slow degenerative processes and reduce age-related issues.
- Recognize areas of concern early on and be proactive in the care of your dog.