Build a Strong Foundation, Right from the Start!
Course developed and taught by Tara Monahan OCT CPCFT SCMT
Whether you are starting a puppy or trying to help a senior dog become more active, there is no more important step in conditioning than the foundations. Foot targeting, side stepping, backing up, weight shifting...these are all foundation skills which can be layered into more complex conditioning exercises. However, just as important as skill development is the development of your relationship with your dog, and the development of your dog's attitude towards working with equipment and working with you. I want to create a foundation that results in your dog being happy, engaged, and confident when you are working with them.
What are the benefits of taking this course?
This course is designed to improve:
proprioception (body awareness)
and much, much more…
…the transformation in my dog has been profound…
Is this the right course for your dog?
This course is perfect for:
* adult dogs starting conditioning
* senior dogs who are either starting conditioning or who need a review of foundations
* dogs who are uncertain of conditioning equipment
* dogs who need a confidence boost
* dogs who have recently joined a family and are working on bonding
* dogs who need a mental challenge
* dogs who are struggling with advanced conditioning and need to rebuild foundation skills
* dogs who are sound and have NOT been recently ill or injured
In addition to wanting to improve my dog’s fitness, I took the class to build our relationship. Tess is my foster failed rescue who went through the trauma of being abandoned and having to fend for herself. She is a fearful dog. Working through the exercises has definitely improved our bond. It has also improved her confidence. She went from not wanting to go down the stairs to happily bouncing down them to get to the workout room. Tara’s feedback is great. She has offered suggestions on tweaking the exercise when Tess is too afraid to try it. She definitely encourages you to work at your dog’s speed.